Indian Head Massage or Shirobhyanga
An ancient Ayurveda healing massage known as champissage, that has been practised for over a 1000 year in India it focuses on the shoulders, upper arms, neck, scalp, face and ears. It has a deeply relaxing effect through work on the mayor “Marma”(Ayurvedic pressure points) that is safe and very effective at relieving aches, pains, stress and rebalancing energy flow to provide deep sense of peace, calm and tranquillity . Tension is often held in these areas and Indian Head Massage stimulates these energy centers to release blockages tension and pain.
It is believed that three of the major energy centres of the human body can be found in and around the head. These are the brow, the crown and the throat. Acting on a physical, mental and subtle level, Indian head massage stimulates these important energy centres, so helping to maintain the important balance of energy within the body, which in turn promotes a sense of wellbeing, positive energy and relaxation.
. The massage is a half hour practice i personally do a 45 minutes treatment including the back besides the upper arms, neck, ears , shoulders and scalp.
BENEFITS OF INDIAN HEAD MASSAGE:
• -Relief from pain and stiffness in the muscles of the face, neck, upper back, and shoulders.
• -Increased mobility of the neck joints.
• -Relief from tension and hangover headaches, eye strain, TMJ, and nasal congestion
• -Reduction of depression, anxiety, and other stress-related issues
• -A sense of tranquility, calmness, and positive well-being.
– “computer shoulders”
– It works on an energetic, emotional and physical level.
BENEFITS OF THE WILD-CRAFTED ORGANIC AYURVEDIC OILS AND AROMATHERAPY OILS USED IN INDIAN HEAD MASSAGE:
– The oils used on the scalp are optional and are wild-crafted organic Ayurvedic oils, used traditionally -To relieve stress,
– Nourish the scalp and hydrate dry hair.
– Address issues of hair loss and dry scalp.
-Anti-stress Aromatherapy oil blends are also used in our practice such as Lavender, Peppermint and sandalwood
To receive services for Indian head massage call Jenny Williams, a Certified Massage Therapist , at 778-240-4735 to book an appointment.